Effective Date: August 30, 2021
As a Travel Plus member, you have access to 5% cash back on travel reservations made through our 5% Cash-Back Center; and rebates on travel services. There is a limit of one Travel Plus membership per household. Please read the information below for full details on your Travel Plus benefits.
5% Cash Back
You can earn 5% Cash Back on airline, hotel, and rental-car bookings you make via the reservation links in the Travel Plus Booking Center. The 5% Cash Back total will be calculated by applying that percentage to the total cost of your reservation before taxes, fees, and other charges are included.
You can track your 5% Cash Back earnings by visiting your "Savings History" page in Travel Plus. As a Travel Plus member, you can receive a maximum of $1,000 in 5% Cash Back earnings every membership year.
Please note: For your travel reservation to qualify for 5% Cash Back:
- You must follow the links provided on the Travel Plus website, successfully connect to the affiliate travel provider’s site based on that click and complete your travel reservation during the same session immediately following your initial click-through to the affiliate travel provider’s site.
- Your reservation must be paid for with United States dollars, which includes stays at a U.S. hotel, car rentals in the U.S., and/or flights that depart from or arrive in the U.S. and its territories.
- Your membership must be active at the time we process your 5% Cash Back payment.
- The address to which your reservation is billed must match the mailing address registered with your Travel Plus membership. Cash Back from your booking will be paid out once the travel provider processes your payment and advises us of your purchase. Since every travel provider processes payment differently, your Cash Back may not appear in your Savings History until after your trip is complete. At that time, we will process your Cash Back and send you a check for your earnings.
- From time to time, Travel Plus may offer special promotions. Please note that all promotional start times and/or deadlines use Eastern Time Zone (ET) hours. For example, if promotional material says that an offer will end at midnight on a certain date, the offer will end at midnight ET on that date; any transactions made after midnight ET on the specified end date will not be eligible for the promotional offer.
As a Travel Plus member, you can also take advantage of our rebate program to save on certain travel-related services every time you travel. Your rebates cover up to $5 per travel expense and you can claim a maximum of $500 in travel rebates each membership year. Travel rebates can only be claimed for Eligible Services (listed below under "Travel Rebate Details") charged while your membership is active, unless specifically stated otherwise.
In order to receive rebates on Eligible Services, you MUST provide Acceptable Documentation (described below) for each charge. For your convenience, you can view the "Savings History" page to view the status of your service rebates. Backup documentation must come from the travel provider that charged you (i.e., the airline, hotel, and/or car rental agency).
Acceptable documentation for Travel Rebates includes the order confirmation and/or the original sales receipt for each Eligible Service you purchased. The sales date must be provided for each Travel Rebate submitted. If you purchased multiple services during the same trip, please be sure to submit a receipt or order confirmation for each Eligible Service you purchased.
Certain services used during international travel are eligible for reimbursement; however, only those itemized receipts or order confirmations that you pay for with U.S. dollars are eligible for submission. We are currently unable to convert or reimburse for expenses incurred in foreign currency.
Service categories and types covered under your Travel Plus membership can be found below under "Travel Rebate Details."
Taxes, government fees, and other surcharges that are considered unavoidable to any traveler are ineligible expenses and are therefore not covered by your Travel Plus membership.
Travel Rebate Instructions
Complete the Travel Rebate form at Travel Plus and email your documentation to us at [email protected] Mailed-in proof of payments will also be accepted. See our "Contact Us" form for address information. Please keep copies of all of your documentation for your records.
Travel Rebate Conditions
Travel Plus memberships are limited to one per household. Claims must be submitted with documentation within 30 days of the date of the travel service charge. Up to $5 can be claimed per instance, with a $500 maximum per yearly membership for all travel-related expenses, including Air, Hotel, and Rental Car services. Travel services must have been charged while you were an active Travel Plus member. All Travel Rebate requests are subject to verification. Lost, late, illegible, incorrect, or postage-due claims will not be honored and may not be returned. For a purchase to be eligible for a travel rebate, the billing address on the credit card used in the transaction must match the mailing address you've registered in our member record. You are solely responsible for the truthfulness and accuracy of any Travel Rebates requested. No duplicate requests will be honored. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject any Travel Rebate request.
You will receive your Travel Rebate as soon as possible, but please allow 3 to 6 weeks from the time we receive your Acceptable Documentation for processing.
Travel Rebate Details
Details for Air-Related Services
Air-related services include services for which you were charged when booking a flight, at the airport, and/or in flight. This does not include government fees or taxes. Travel Plus covers up to $5 per instance for Air-associated services; each instance is included in the $500 yearly membership maximum for travel-related services.
We cover up to $5 per instance for the following Incremental Airline Services:
- 1st checked bag
- Seat upgrade
- Extra leg room
- Early/priority boarding
- Ticket change
- In-flight meal
- In-Flight TV/movie
Details for Hotel-Related Services
Hotel-related services include services for which you were charged when booking your accommodations, during your check-in or check-out process, or over the duration of your hotel stay. This does not include taxes, government fees or surcharges. Travel Plus covers up to $5 per instance in hotel-associated services; each instance is included in the $500 yearly membership maximum for travel-related expenses.
We cover up to $5 per instance for the following Incremental Hotel Services:
- Use of fitness center
- Early check-in
- Late check-out
- Resort fee
Details for Rental Car-Related Services
Rental Car-related services include charges incurred or services purchased when booking your car rental and/or during your pick-up or drop-off process. This does not include taxes, government fees or surcharges. Travel Plus covers up to $5 per instance in Rental Car-associated services; each instance is included in the $500 yearly membership maximum for travel-related expenses.
We cover up to $5 per instance for the following Incremental Rental-Car Services:
- Airport concession
- Drop-off (returning car to different location)
- Additional driver
- Equipment rental (ski rack, car seat, etc.)
- Early drop-off
- Under-age driver fee
- Late return